Chiesa dei Santi Martino e Stefano
Montemagno's Baroque parish church — dedicated to Saints Martin and Stephen, but long known too as the church of the Assunta — closes the top of Piazza San Martino behind a curved, columned portico. The present building went up in 1730; the theatrical staircase and rotunda were added in 1776 to a design by Count Beinasco, and in 1822-24 the architect Pietro Del Mastro reshaped the interior around a dome, frescoed with the Assumption of the Virgin among music-making angels. The square it presides over is often counted among the most beautiful in Piedmont.
